I know, I know, it is probably two weeks too early, but I’m in the middle of moving home and working 65 hours a week on top of that, so may as well get it in while I have the chance. It’s the tenth year of this blog, and I’d hate to miss out on what is now a yearly tradition.
Last week in part 1, I wrote a round-up of what I’d been buying and listening to this year, and links to reviews of the concerts I had been to prior to lockdown.
Here are my most-listened-to artists of the past 12 months according to LastFM:
Quite a mix there; Classic Metal, Classic Rock, Metalcore, Thrash, Prog, Hair, Power, Groove, Death, even a bit of indie. Old favourites, new discoveries. Nicely balanced, didn’t even mean to.
And finally; since it is December now, here is the Metal-Nerd Blog Album Of The Year List, 2020:
Honourable Mention: Salem – S/T EP. – Creeper went from being a fun pop-punk band with some Halloweeny lyrics to a ‘90s Britrock band tapping into older American sounds. Afterwards, their singer has a side project basically making a fun pop-punk band with Halloweeny lyrics. Highly recommended to fans of early Creeper (or Alkaline Trio).
10. BMTH – Post Human Survival Horror – Review here.
09. Five Finger Death Punch – F8 – Review here.
08. Annihilator – Ballistic, Sadistic – Review here.
07. Creeper – Sex, Death & The Infinite Void – Review here.
06. Haken – Virus – (Rhymes with Bacon, not Kraken) British prog metal wizards release a captivating sequel to their previous album and continue to escape comparisons to other bands and forge their own identity. Might have even been higher, but I came to it late and haven’t even fully unpacked all its hidden glories yet.
05. Lamb Of God – S/T – Review here.
04. Testament – Titans Of Creation – Review here.
03. Protest The Hero – Palimpsest – Review here.
02. Trivium – What The Dead Men Say – Review here.
01. Sepultura – Quadra – Review here.